Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Instincts


I could not believe it when I saw this picture posted on Garance Dore's website.  An entire tribute to Isabel Marant, and specifically the pants worn by this girl. Why? I have these pants. I love them! In fact I have the entire sweat suit, complete with a 3/4 puffed-sleeve hoodie. I remember when I got it, after many days spent laboring over new Isabel shipments and lookbooks forwarded to me by my favorite boutiques. It is always so difficult to decide what to get. When it arrived I tried to "fold" the items into my wardrobe so that my husband wouldn't get suspicious. It didn't work. He took one look at me and said, "that looks expensive." He's caught on. And here, months later, months after I made the decision to get these pants, I see my instincts confirmed not only by a genius fashion blogger (illustrator, photographer), but by a lovely Isabel Marant shopgirl. There you go.

p.s I got the Isabel at Heist on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice Beach, CA. Great great place.

No comments: