Thursday, December 10, 2009

Barcelona

Juicy Jones. C/ Cardenal Casañas 7, Ciutat Vella, 08002, Barcelona. Right off la Rambla. This is where I was lucky enough to work while I lived in Barcelona. Ed Templeton & Christina Applegate were my two American celebrity sightings while at work. Just wanted to throw that out there. Juicy Jones is sort of across la Rambla from



La Boqueria. It's too much to believe at once. I don't think it ever really sunk in just how wow and massive that place is. So many choices. It's what I imagine generic American kid dreams are like. Bags full and piles stacked of colorful varieties of food. Cake and meat and nuts and fruit and chocolate and vegetables. On my next visit I'd like to be listening to music. But what?

Mountaintop amusement park with city and ocean views? Tibidabo.




The Museo d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona. When I was there a metal bed hung from the ceiling in the entrance.

MACBA is an international destination for skaters. I loved going, if for no other reason than to observe the skate culture there in the museum plaza. Skateboarding reminds me of my best college friends. Because of them I can appreciate it. The Moby song from that skate video? Remember?

No comments: