Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creative Couples V






I have to tell you a story about beauty. We were at the work
yard for the Surrounded Islands in Pelican Harbor, Florida.
Surround Islands had just been completed. An old woman
came and said, "This is terrible. What you have done is
horrible. I've never seen anything so horrible in my whole life.
It looks like a giant Pepto-Bismol spill." I said, "Well, madam,
have you seen it?" She said, "Well, I haven't seen it yet.
I only saw it on television. But I know it's terrible."

Not even twenty minutes later, an elderly gentlemen came to
me and said, "Are you the wife of the artist?" "Yes," I said,
"I am." He took my hand and said, "Bless you. I've never
seen anything as beautiful in all my life. It looks like a giant
Pepto-Bismol spill."

- Jeanne-Claude

No comments: